Monday, July 19, 2010

Top Invisalign Tips....

Removal of thy Invisalign
I found the end of a teaspoon rather handy on my first tray but then...

I discovered crochet hook no.3 I suspect it is rather like the outtie tool but totally awesome and I just happened to have one lying around so free or cheap.

Cleaning thy Invisalign

My routine is remove trays,rinse with water, place in container which contains 1 part water, 1 part whitening mouth wash and 1 part hydrogen peroxide (not necessarily measured). Go about eating, drinking etc. Brush trays with toothpaste, floss and brush teeth, replace trays! It seems to keep them pretty clean and fresh smelling, they can be a tad gross first thing in the morning. I am yet to try denture cleaner but next time I go shopping I shall get some and give it a go.

Removing thy Invisalign in publie ARGH!

I find this probably the worst part of Invisalign, removing the trays in public bathrooms eek.... the spit stringing off the tray as you pull it out yuk! then getting super strange looks from people wondering why the hell you are brushing your teeth in a public bathroom! Basically I have found disabled toilets and baby change rooms my best friends...they always have a sink and usually a decent bench they are pretty darn clean and don't really get used that often.

If all else fails and you need to use a puble bathroom and you are getting strange looks I tend to break the ice by saying 'such a pain in the arse' and then you can go on to explain the good, bad and ugly of Invisalign!

I'm sure I will have some interesting bathroom stories when I get back from Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment